While my brother David was living on the Big Island and working on his organic farm I had a chance to visit him. I flew over with my mom and we were gone for five days. Not quite long enough to see all the island, I guess I'll have to go back!

My Mom, David's girlfriend Jill, my brother David and me!
I captured a piece of heaven with my camera!
Just being silly!
Checking out the ruins! 
While near the beach the storm rolled in, just like something you would see in a movie!
The storm got us...and our suitcase...and our clothes. Our bags were placed just inside David's cottage, right near the screened wall, of course! We hung our clothes over the railing upstairs in the loft to TRY and let them dry in the rain and humidity.
Everything was SOAKED, even our magazines and books!
Akaka Falls...
Inisde the lava tubes...

Outside on the property, David showing us his garden....
One of the three falls on "the farm".
Hanging out in PJs in the morning near the falls.
This is why we call him "Cuckoo David"!
The view from David's cottage on the farm.
Not a monkey...this is David climbing for lilikoi fruit!

It was harder getting down than up, thanks Dave!
Entance sign to one of the lava tubes we walked through with our headlamps!
Our luxurious accomodations for our stay...Dave's place.
The outdoor (and only) shower we enjoyed...ha ha ha








+091.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment